Jordan Westburg 2024

interloper

12 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It appears that he is getting pretty unlucky.

image.thumb.png.338f5de6625f7a0b64a52b36a6af4624.png

He looks to me to be having a similar issue to last year, where he's barreling plenty of baseballs, but the ones he pulls are getting pounded into the ground and the ones he gets in the air are going to the big part of the park. I was actually happy to see him hit one to the wall in left yesterday; even though it got caught, it was at least a well struck fly ball that he pulled. I imagine that he'll figure it out.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I have absolutely no worries that Westburg will perform. I'm very secure in my opinion of his place on the Orioles and his ability to provide moments like this. I think he be a big piece of a championship team.

He has a JJ Hardy vibe.  Not exactly the same player, but same kind of guy.  

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

He's always been one. He just never got a fair shot at playing time until this season. Love Westburg, and he's going to help us a win a hell of a lot of games.

He got a pretty fair shot last year and did ok.  He’s played every game except one so far.  I thought his timing looked off in ST and in the early going but he seems to be coming around now.