What non-ACC programs do you like or hate?

Frobby

Favorite teams:

George Mason – My favorite team, where I went to school.

Georgetown – Been a huge Hoyas fan since I was 7. They’re right there with Mason.

Teams I’ll root for:

Baylor, Dayton, UAB, Robert Morris, Kent State, Wichita State, Creighton, Austin Peay

Teams I hate:

Villanova, West Virginia, VCU, Texas, Purdue, Penn State, Florida

I’ll root for VCU when they play OOC opponents.

Hey Frobby, just curious, why not include the ACC? Is it because most people on here are ACC fans? I need to include one local ACC team on my hating list.:D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Frobby' date=' just curious, why not include the ACC? Is it because most people on here are ACC fans? I need to include one local ACC team on my hating list.:D[/quote']

Just didn't want to get into a "why I hate Duke" thread. I've read enough of this message board to know that if we did a poll of most hated team, Duke would have 5-10 times more votes than the 2nd place team.

Just didn't want to get into a "why I hate Duke" thread. I've read enough of this message board to know that if we did a poll of most hated team, Duke would have 5-10 times more votes than the 2nd place team.

Which would be??????

Loyola (alma mater) and whichever MAAC team gets into the tourney. I'll also generally root for other Jesuit schools (eg Xavier).

My other alma mater is Columbia, which is usually laughable. But I have always liked Penn and Princeton, which tend to be competitive (Penn moreso). And I love watching a Princeton offense no matter which team is running it, if they're doing it well. Dates back to the 1996 Princeton/UCLA game for me. Despite the low score that was one of the most exciting sporting events I've ever watched.

Like Georgetown and Villanova despite them recruiting in MD.

I have most of the same dislikes as everyone else here. Calipari, Huggins. Don't really care about Calhoun that much for some reason.

I'm neutral on Kansas.

Teams I hate:

Villanova' date=' West Virginia,[b'] VCU,[/b]

Hey, come on now! :D

It's all good though, because I hate Mason. But like you said, I will cheer for Mason during OOC.

Teams I love: VCU. Born and bred a Ram fan. My dad, mom, and older sister went there and all of my close friends went there as well. I went to community college so VCU was basically my adopted school. Plus I started going to VCU basketball games when I was 5.

I also will cheer for Tubby Smith. Tubby was assistant head coach at VCU in the late 70's to mid-80's, so I like seeing an old Ram do well. That being said, I like to see Jeff Capel and Anthony Grant do well at Oklahoma and Alabama, respectively.

Teams I hate:

Old Dominion - big rival of VCU; I won't even cheer for them during OOC.

Richmond - VCU's neighbor and rival, used to be a conference rival until Richmond went to the A-10. I can't stand UR or their smug fans. They're a wanna be Ivy League school so their elitist attitude is unreal.

Generally schools that I believe expect their athletes to uphold the same academic standards as the rest of their student body, so programs like:

Stanford

Ivy League Schools

Army

Navy

Dislikes:

Notre Dame (Carryover of my dislike for their football program)

UConn (Dirtiest program in NCAAB, IMO)

Too many other dirty programs/coaches to mention, but people have hit on most of them.

My teams:

Alabama (alma mater)

W&M (alma mater)

Georgetown (was born there)

UAB (the only team whose games I consistently attend)

Missouri (I like Mike Anderson)

Dislikes:

Basically any other SEC team

Richmond

Did you go to the NIT game? I heard that Cliff Ellis was trying to get the "Cliff Dwellers" from his days at Auburn to come out and support Coastal.

Auburn

Any team running the Princeton offense

Dislikes:

Alabama

UConn

Tennessee

Did you go to the NIT game? I heard that Cliff Ellis was trying to get the "Cliff Dwellers" from his days at Auburn to come out and support Coastal.

I did not. I was at work plus the W&M game was on later that evening and I didn't want to miss it. I'd go to the NC State/UAB game on Saturday evening, but I'll be in DC. If they make it to the quarters, I'll probably go next week if it is not Tues or Thurs night (going to see a couple indie shows those nights).

When I say that I consistently attend their games, I mean that I went to three this year. I plan going more often next year.

Archived