2011 Draft Chat...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2011 draft might be the only bright spot of the year........................

Who am I fouling?

Some way, some how, the other shoe will fall.

I would love to see the O's get Tallion. My gut tells me that the Pirates will take him.

Lets all lift our prayers to the heavens.

I'll periodically add more 2011 Draft blurbs as they become available. I would be pleased if you'd do the same.

Baseball America's Jim Callis tweeted that he would take Rice 3B'man Anthony Rendon over Bryce Harper.

I probably would too, but I'd do so acknowledging the tradeoff between incredible super-elite upside ceiling and just super elite ceiling with a higher likelihood of reaching it.

It's hard to imagine many guys who look better at their age than Harper. If he sticks at catcher, he's Griffey/Arod prospect status, IMO.

I probably would too, but I'd do so acknowledging the tradeoff between incredible super-elite upside ceiling and just super elite ceiling with a higher likelihood of reaching it.

It's hard to imagine many guys who look better at their age than Harper. If he sticks at catcher, he's Griffey/Arod prospect status, IMO.

He will be moved to RF immediately.

He will be moved to RF immediately.

I didn't know that, so I take it back and Rendon now looks much closer to him.

In other news, I'm not sure if this is still credible or not but...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/royals-have-agreement-with-grandal.html

The Royals are believed to have a deal in place with Yasmani Grandal for the fourth overall pick, industry sources tell Frankie Piliere of Fanhouse.com (via Twitter).

If this is true, the Royals are really building a system full of high upside power bats. The O's and Royals really should look to trade their stregnth to each other.

I didn't know that, so I take it back and Rendon now looks much closer to him.

In other news, I'm not sure if this is still credible or not but...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/royals-have-agreement-with-grandal.html

If this is true, the Royals are really building a system full of high upside power bats. The O's and Royals really should look to trade their stregnth to each other.

Yeah I think KC is going Grandal, pretty sure they are doing a good job of going BPA though. Luke H. and A. Crow are mixed in with Hosmer and Moustakas the past couple years. Looks like this year they are just making sure they get a college player that will sign quickly so they can get them mixed in with the core they already have in the majors.

Yeah I think KC is going Grandal, pretty sure they are doing a good job of going BPA though. Luke H. and A. Crow are mixed in with Hosmer and Moustakas the past couple years. Looks like this year they are just making sure they get a college player that will sign quickly so they can get them mixed in with the core they already have in the majors.

I wonder if there's any reasonable scenario by which they'd trade Hosmer. I'm guessing the answer is no.

Just spitballing...something like Tillman and Johnson (or better 2nd player like Erbe)...

They have such a clog at the corners with Hosmer, Butler, Moustakas, Kila and Gordon. Unless a couple of those guys learn to play LF or RF, they'll likely need to trade at least one. Gordon and Kila are most likely, I'd guess, but we might as well shoot for the moon.

10 names to watch for 2011

Anthony Rendon, 3B, Rice: Rendon heads into the summer as the best bat in the Class of 2011. He should hit for average and plenty of power. He's got great discipline at the plate and the ball just jumps off of his bat. He gets good marks for his defense at third as well, with excellent range, hands, and arm strength from the hot corner. He has the chance to be a true impact player in the big leagues.

10 names to watch for 2011

Anthony Rendon, 3B, Rice: Rendon heads into the summer as the best bat in the Class of 2011. He should hit for average and plenty of power. He's got great discipline at the plate and the ball just jumps off of his bat. He gets good marks for his defense at third as well, with excellent range, hands, and arm strength from the hot corner. He has the chance to be a true impact player in the big leagues.

Thanks for posting. Is the Bundy listed Bobby's brother? I think I remember him being from Oklahoma too.

Archived