That could be a death blow for Tampa

Frobby

I'd feel a little better about everything if the Rangers would assert themselves as best team in the West. Seems like LAA and Oakland are going to fall short in chasing Texas for the division, but both LAA and Oakland are taking it to the Rangers the past week or so. I didn't expect much help from Seattle, but I was hoping Texas would have pushed both LAA and Oakland one win lower in the WC chase by now. Still time for them to do so.

I agree completely. I'm disappointed in that team. The O's could have a spot sewn up by now.

The A's won, so the O's remain 1 up for the top WC. The Angels remain 2 back of Oakland for the 2nd WC and the Rays drop to 3 back for the 2nd WC.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd feel a little better about everything if the Rangers would assert themselves as best team in the West. Seems like LAA and Oakland are going to fall short in chasing Texas for the division, but both LAA and Oakland are taking it to the Rangers the past week or so. I didn't expect much help from Seattle, but I was hoping Texas would have pushed both LAA and Oakland one win lower in the WC chase by now. Still time for them to do so.

I just want the A's to stay close enuff to make their series with the Rangers mean something so the Rangers don't rest everyone and hand the A's 3 games.

I'd like to go to Tampa and have those games mean nothing for them. That's a tough mindset to be in and would be great for us.

That can't happen unless both the O's and A's have clinched better records than Tampa. There's a scenario where we've clinched a better record than Tampa, but they are still fighting for the second wild card, sweep us, and Oakland and the Angels both pass us (or tie us). It would be nice to see that scenario eliminated, but we need to keep winning for that to unfold.

Archived