Markakis Scheduled For MRI

miwayjO's

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone actually think this was just going to be a few days?

The O's tend to understate injuries.

Didn't Reimold initially "sleep on it wrong"?

Yep, when I read, probably in Roch's blog, that Nick said he "slept on it wrong" I knew it was more serious then they were letting on. Not saying the injury IS serious, just that it was more serious then that.

Organizations need to start coming up with better smoke screens. :)

That being said, we've seen under Duquette that the O's have no problems putting players through MRI's even when they don't necessarily suspect there to be a deeper problem. Hopefully this is just the O's being cautious and the MRI is clean.

Reimold and Roberts are all but guaranteed to miss significant time. THIS would be a crushing blow. Injuries determine the season. Perhaps that is why we have so many OFers in camp. Just a thought.

There are so many outfielders in camp because DD collects strays like that crazy old lady down the street.

Neck stiffness (Markakis) is Significantly different than radicular pain down the arm (Reimold). In my world an MRI would never be approved for these symptoms this early. However, when you are dealing with a million dollar athlete, you do it after 4-5 days. If you hear reported that he has arm pain, numbness, or weakness then I would recommend "freaking out".

Glad to see no one is over reacting here.

Keep Calm and Buck On

I'd love to side with you on this... but I had that exact same attitude about B-Rob's initial injury..... 3 years ago.

I'm scared stiff with this news about Nick

Archived