Cuban OF Rusney Castillo

Greg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you never know... but all I hear these days is how Lester will move on to greener pastures (har har). And Buchholz, I have no idea what happened to him but he is no longer a good pitcher.

Check this link out: http://www.totalsportslive.com/boston-red-sox-2015-rotation-preview/

Projected rotation:

Clay Buchholz

Joe Kelly

Rubby De La Rosa

Allen Webster

-free agent-

Not horrible, but those youngsters have to improve. As for the free agent, if they can't pay Lester I don't see how they will pay Shields or Scherzer.

I think they'll definitely get a high profile pitcher, probably Shields or Scherzer, even if it means offering more that what they offered Lester.

They also have some good prospects in Henry Owens and Matt Barnes.

They will likely re-sign Lester. They have Bucholz and will make some shrewd deals for some more pitching, I'm sure. Not sure if it will be enough for them to be in contention next season, but you never know.

The Sox couldn't extend Lester when they had the opportunity and I seriously doubt they will be able to resign him after being traded to the A's. He'll be a highly sought commodity in the off season and there will be too many teams chasing after him. I'd guess he'll be looking for a long term deal (something the Red Sox FO is averse to) in the $150M range.

I think they'll definitely get a high profile pitcher, probably Shields or Scherzer, even if it means offering more that what they offered Lester.

They also have some good prospects in Henry Owens and Matt Barnes.

To get a high profile pitcher (Shields/Scherzer)) they will need to make a much more substantial offer than they were rumored to have offered Lester in July which was 5 years and $100M.

Archived