Anybody know the story with Fred Manfra?

kelsey59

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem with Manfra. Hope he is ok.

Bordick drives me up the wall though. So vanilla. And I can't stand when he calls a strike out a "punch out". Also question his HR totals from 98-00 as a player. Very suspicious.

I can't stand when he refers to a splitter as a "splitty". I wanna rip my ears off when he does that and I hope he doesn't do it anymore.

IMO, as much as I like Manfra, radio was never better than when we have Jon Miller with Joe Angel. Talk about an elite pairing.

Jon & Joe taught me more about baseball than my dad and however-many little league coaches combined. Losing Miller is something only a World Series victory will erase. Hopefully.

I challenge anyone who doesn't enjoy Orioles radio broadcasts to go listen to a few other games, even just for like 5 minutes at a time.

Last night I tuned in to the Miami game and, no joke, entire plays would happen (you could hear the crowd cheer, you could hear the next batter get announced in the stadium) before the broadcasters would bother to mention what the hell happened to the last batter! It was insanity. You knew the guy got out, but you had no idea how until like a full minute later. Madness.

We have it really, really, really, really good, guys. On MASN, on the radio, everything.

You are correct, Sir! I am often forced to listen to some of these announcers in the car for road games. The John and Suzy Stankees show is the worst by far. The Red Sox guys are ok to me. Try the Nats guys if you are having trouble sleeping.

Joe is awesome, one of the best on radio in my opinion. Fred is not perfect but he is very entertaining and I wish him well. I find Hunter and Bordick to be knowledgeable but rather boring. I am hoping that Brian Roberts gets more time as he was great on the Spring Training games.

Archived