New details emerging about the massive fail at the Trade Deadline

Sir_Loin

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Roll Tide said:

How could you ever confirm anything that he says? You can't and neither can he!

Call it faith, but just about everything, if not everything, he has posted on here, has been corroborated. 

The only thing he missed on was Fowler, and heck, he was reporting everything that Roch and others eventually reported.

If Houston wasn't wiling to include Whitley or LAD wasn't gonna include Buehler or Verdugo as their key piece, it really doesn't much matter (to me anyway) who was offered. Trade pieces like Britton don't happen often and selling low would have been irresponsible IMO. Someone pointed out that the Dodgers had offered a Calhoun type of package for Britton but the Calhoun package was underwhelming to me. Calhoun is a power bat that can't field or throw and came in at 69 on mlb.com's recent prospect list. Alexy and Davis are far from top prospects. I might have given up Brach for Calhoun and 1 or the other of Alexy/Davis but not Britton. 

6 minutes ago, badmamajama said:

If Houston wasn't wiling to include Whitley or LAD wasn't gonna include Buehler or Verdugo as their key piece, it really doesn't much matter (to me anyway) who was offered. Trade pieces like Britton don't happen often and selling low would have been irresponsible IMO. Someone pointed out that the Dodgers had offered a Calhoun type of package for Britton but the Calhoun package was underwhelming to me. Calhoun is a power bat that can't field or throw and came in at 69 on mlb.com's recent prospect list. Alexy and Davis are far from top prospects. I might have given up Brach for Calhoun and 1 or the other of Alexy/Davis but not Britton. 

This is exactly how I feel about the deadline too. Could you imagine the reaction if we got the package the Rangers got for Darvish? It would be "Duquette should be fired" or "This organization is so inept". I was advocating trading but only for top guys that you mentioned.

Now if the trades come out and it turns out they offered us Verdugo or Buehler, then I'll join the crowd calling the organization inept. Then it would turn out that Duquette is capable of making good trades but the ownership is still making baseball decisions where it shouldn't be

18 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

He was right about everything during the Fowler saga and then people ragged on him when Fowler backed out.  I have no doubt that he's legit. 

He got Gallardo too before it was public too. He was curiously absent this offseason as far as I can remember.

1 hour ago, Sir_Loin said:

Not at liberty to say right now, but later tonight or tomorrow new details will be brought to light about what happened Monday, and how the Orioles kept Britton vs trading him. You guys should enjoy this one. 

-Loin

So we'll hear about it from the media, or from you?   I'll be interested to hear.   

49 minutes ago, badmamajama said:

I agree about the Dodgers, I would not have accepted a Calhoun type offer for Britton.  It's clear the Dodgers don't seem to value bullpen pieces, they traded for a failed closer in Watson and a pitcher who isn't very good in Cingrani.

I can't wait for this to blow up in their faces come October. 

47 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

This is exactly how I feel about the deadline too. Could you imagine the reaction if we got the package the Rangers got for Darvish? It would be "Duquette should be fired" or "This organization is so inept". I was advocating trading but only for top guys that you mentioned.

Now if the trades come out and it turns out they offered us Verdugo or Buehler, then I'll join the crowd calling the organization inept. Then it would turn out that Duquette is capable of making good trades but the ownership is still making baseball decisions where it shouldn't be

If it was a "Calhoun like deal" then I doubt it had Buehler or Verdugo involved. And that's what some writer for a Dodger blog or whatever, reported it as being. If it turns out any of those mention names were involved, then I'll be just as angry as the next person. But I can't be angry over imaginary, fantasy and unconfirmed trade scenarios.

Archived