Alex Presley - Mil Deal

Yardball85

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Oh yeah, I definitely hope this isn't their big offensive signing.  I guess if anything, it would signal that RF is Hays' to lose. 

I'm sure this does not stop us from signing someone else. Personally I'd like Dyson and one of Cobb/Lynn and call it a day. It is time we get back to focusing on pitching and defense.

Just now, pastorfan said:

I'm sure this does not stop us from signing someone else. Personally I'd like Dyson and one of Cobb/Lynn and call it a day. It is time we get back to focusing on pitching and defense.

Fine with me.  Dyson or Jay (both of whom I prefer to Dickerson), and Cobb/Lynn.  Then, you may realistically have a shot at a wild card, be in the same boat as LAA/MIN/SEA/TEX.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think so too.  

It just seems like this team does that are backwards. Why Presley when they have Hays and other minor leaguers that are younger and better. What's their fascination with these washed up players? Washed up players and pitchers. Whoopie. What a poor run organization. IMO 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/jeff-seidel/2017/02/18/detroit-tigers-alex-presley/98094682/

The Tigers are looking for a centerfielder. Do you feel you have a shot here? “I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think I had a chance. I’m just trying to go out and played well.”

What do you like to do away from the game? “I like to play guitar in my spare time.”

What kind? “I have electric but I like playing acoustic a little more. I definitely play it more. With the electric, you have to set up the amp. I just pick it up and play.”

How did you learn to play? “I just picked it up. I never had lessons. I watched stuff and figured it out. I’m pretty good. I’m not the best.”

What type of music? “I like rock songs. Some country. I like a lot of the ‘90s grunge bands. Nirvana. Alice in Chains stuff. They had some unplugged stuff. I love that stuff to see how they do it and go from there.”

How many guitars you own? “Five, I’d say.”

Can you sing too? “Heck no. I don’t even try to sing.”

11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hope Presley is going to play in Norfolk, his dWAR was awful last year.   Plus his batting average is wildly inconsistent year to year.  Would rather give Hays or Satander a chance.  

I don't buy the fielding stats. And dWAR is not really even that, no?

On 2/19/2018 at 8:12 PM, wildcard said:

I think Hays makes the team. He kills lefties.  Holds his own vs righties.  Brugman/Presley can play vs tough righties.   Defense will be an important element of the decision of who is in the majors IMO.

So is Santander a lost cause? Nobody's talking about him much. Still an intriguing player, no?

Archived