2022 1st Round Pick Comp A (#33): Dylan Beavers - OF - (Jr) California University

5 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Yeah, I get he's not a pitcher, but if you read his writeup, he sounds pretty talented. They must be confident they can fix the holes in his swing

I actually love the profile. It’s just incredible that we keep drafting corner outfielders.

Longenhagen had him at 45.

“Beavers is a physical corner outfield prospect with water-carrying raw power. His stance is similar to Christian Yelich's and the college version of Hunter Bishop, but Beavers struggles to keep his long levers on time (he also has a little hitch before his hands fire) and he tends to inside-out pitches he should pull. Often he is totally late on fastballs on the outer third and misses them entirely. He has one of the freakier body/athleticism/power/speed skill sets in this class, regardless of demographic, and if his swing can be dialed in he could break out in a big way, as he has the ability to hit 30 bombs.”

• Thanks 1

I don't like the setup or hand motion- lots of holes for professional pitchers to exploit....   a bit puzzled by the pick...

And Brock Porter was there to be plucked....!   2nd best HS pitcher in the entire draft behind Lesko... and many felt just as good as Lesko....