Is Tillman at risk for injury?

Enjoy Terror

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles need to be identifying which pitchers they think will succeed and stay healthy and keep those and ship the others out before they get hurt or suffer a performance decline and their trade value drops.

I completely agree.

While they're at it, they should identify which hitters will be a success, and ship out the rest of them too.

Then, they'd know who would turn out and who wouldn't.

Once they did that, they wouldn't have to be driving a bunch of neer-do-wells around on all those busses.

I think they should get right on it.

There's an injury risk with all pitchers.

Not all pitchers have risky mechanics.

There's a difference between knowing if you walk outside your house that there's a chance you might get hit by a meteor (everyone runs that risk), and then there's knowing that if you live in an asteroid belt that you might get hit by an asteroid.

Not all pitchers have risky mechanics.

There's a difference between knowing if you walk outside your house that there's a chance you might get hit by a meteor (everyone runs that risk), and then there's knowing that if you live in an asteroid belt that you might get hit by an asteroid.

It's not totally about risky mechanics. Its that scientifically, a humans arm is not meant to throw a baseball overhand at the high velocity major league pitchers do.

It's why those softball chicks can go out and throw a ton of pitches with very little rest. If major league pitchers delivered the ball underhand in that manner, there'd be a huge drop off in arm injuries.

Risky mechanics are a part of it, but not all of it. Again, the human body isn't built for throwing a baseball at 90+ 100 times every 5th day.

In the scope of this thread... we are arguing that Tillman's delivery is more susceptible to injury than other pitchers. That isn't to say that all pitchers aren't begging for an injury by doing an unnatural motion over and over again. That's the difference. I thought my asteroid analogy was reasonable.

In the scope of this thread... we are arguing that Tillman's delivery is more susceptible to injury than other pitchers. That isn't to say that all pitchers aren't begging for an injury by doing an unnatural motion over and over again. That's the difference. I thought my asteroid analogy was reasonable.

Yeah, but at what point is the delivery the reason for the injury? Could you find someone with similar mechanics to Carpenter's who has never had an arm issue?

Even if Chris does have injury-prone mechanics, you still take from the Till(man) at the big-league level for at least a couple of years. He's young enough that an injury might not happen right away...the higher up he moves, the higher his trade value.

His value will be even greater with a successful MLB season under his belt. Not sure how you can criticize the FO for not trading him now.

Archived