MASN Notifications by Xfinity

Roll Tide

Mid-Atlantic Sports Network has moved to a different TV package

Our commitment to bringing you the best in entertainment requires working with programmers like Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) to offer a range of options while managing the rising costs of live sports and other programming.

As part of a new programming agreement with MASN, the channel has moved to our Digital Preferred/Ultimate TV package. As a result, the Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee for your current TV package will be reduced. When the new fee goes into effect, you may also receive a one-time credit to cover the change in fee from your previous bill cycle.

If you'd like to add MASN and MASN2 back to your channel lineup, please sign into your account for a special offer.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

4 hours ago, Aglets said:

Good news for Xfinity customers who don't want MASN!

and hopefully good news long term for the death of the MASN monopoly.  Which took another hit with recent Fubo announcement.

I agree, but I hope they can keep the feel of watching games on MASN (with homer announcers, Orioles legends etc.). I have watched games for other teams on their channels and IMO none of them were as enjoyable. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I got home yesterday and MASN wasn’t in my programming. I immediately canceled my Xfinity tv package. I did go with their high speed internet which is $115 with the router. I’m going to purchase one soon but I decided to get the Super Box as opposed to Fubo to get MASN. Fubo at $80 a month seems like too much.

I did pay the $359 on Amazon for the the Super Box as it comes with some extras. What I can’t wrap my head around is no monthly fee. How is that even possible. 

Any way I plan to post once it’s set up and running. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So I got home yesterday and MASN wasn’t in my programming. I immediately canceled my Xfinity tv package. I did go with their high speed internet which is $115 with the router. I’m going to purchase one soon but I decided to get the Super Box as opposed to Fubo to get MASN. Fubo at $80 a month seems like too much.

I did pay the $359 on Amazon for the the Super Box as it comes with some extras. What I can’t wrap my head around is no monthly fee. How is that even possible. 

Any way I plan to post once it’s set up and running. 

I'm with T-Mobile for their 5G internet.  $55/month.  No issues connecting to work, homeschooling, college teams meetings, streaming multiple screens at once...  Free MLB TV too.  

Comcast has been doing this with all the regional sports networks around the country. They know that live sports are the major drivers of subscriptions for bloated packages that most people don't consume in any meaningful way. 

I share my MIL Xfinity login so I can stream from the MASN app. The app is certainly NOT the best, but any port in a storm. Hopefully new ownership means we can have a direct streaming option sooner than later. 

I swear, make a deal with one of the local broadcast affiliates to put the game on one of the alternate areial channels. I know some people might be upset with reruns of the Rifleman being pre-empted during the summer but dang just do it. 

All that said, I am old enough to remember the HTS days, when it was a "premium," channel so watching the Orioles on TV was a luxury that I did not have a lot growing up. The more things change... 

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Because it’s not fully legal. It’s legal to sell and own an Android box, but not legal to add apps and watch content that you haven’t paid for. They just sell it and say, “Hey, we can’t control what you choose to do with it.” 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, btdart20 said:

I'm with T-Mobile for their 5G internet.  $55/month.  No issues connecting to work, homeschooling, college teams meetings, streaming multiple screens at once...  Free MLB TV too.  

This is what I have too.   I also have Apple TV, Max, Netflix,  Amazon Prime and NFL+ in season.  That's all I need.   Unfortunately,  I am in-market and can't watch the O's live.  I tried using Nord VPN on my computer,  but  MLB.tv would not stream any live games while connected.    I don't have time to watch live baseball anyway.  Listened to the audio while I was working and watch the condensed game on MLB.tv while having dinner.  

Edited by SouthRider

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

Because it’s not fully legal. It’s legal to sell and own an Android box, but not legal to add apps and watch content that you haven’t paid for. They just sell it and say, “Hey, we can’t control what you choose to do with it.” 

Here is their official website with the tv channel lineup. Not a 3rd party hijacking service. If they were selling steal vision with their product I’m sure the lawsuits would be lining up. Care to chime in ?

https://superbox-tv.com/channels/

Edited by Roll Tide

14 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Here is their official website with the tv channel lineup. Not a 3rd party hijacking service. If they were selling steal vision with their product I’m sure the lawsuits would be lining up. Care to chime in ?

https://superbox-tv.com/channels/

I’m not taking a moral standpoint here, and have I used VPNs and such to skirt restrictions? “I cannot recall, your honor.” But it’s not fully above the board either. Given the absolutely insane price of cable in the US, do I understand the appeal? Without a doubt. 

There’s a decent explanation of what they’re offering here: https://www.techradar.com/features/what-is-iptv

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

I’m not taking a moral standpoint here, and have I used VPNs and such to skirt restrictions? “I cannot recall, your honor.” But it’s not fully above the board either. Given the absolutely insane price of cable in the US, do I understand the appeal? Without a doubt. 

There’s a decent explanation of what they’re offering here: https://www.techradar.com/features/what-is-iptv

Well the Box is $359.00 …. I would assume their is rights fees in their that would cover those fees since the cost of the box is actually a very small portion of that figure. So I’m expecting that at some point they will send out a notice that would add a monthly fee. I’m sure it isn’t sustainable long term. 

Im going to read the link above. And I am familiar with copyright type stuff having worked in the music industry for more than a decade. 

Also …unless that device contains a VPN, I don’t have one but understand the value and would like to add it. I’m not a tech savvy guy so I’m not sure I could figure out how to go one, a fair price, and the installation of such a unit.

Edited by Roll Tide