T. Rowe Price O's new jersey sponsor

spleen1015

14 hours ago, NashLumber said:

I think we should just get it over with, and take the money to extend some young stars. I can live with this as OPACY primary name rights owner. 

OzlfmWl.jpg

I could live with Old Bay Stadium if it was still Camden Yards.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

Now they're taking over the dugout, tooo! 😱

Elias could show up to a news conference in a suit emblazened with T Rowe emblems making him look like the Joker and if the O's start spending money on extending players, I won't complain.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

About what I thought it'd be.  Not enough money to make a real impact and it's not going to stop at the jerseys.  

I hope the people at T Rowe Price are reading this thread and I hope they realize that no one asked for this and no one thinks this is a great addition to the Orioles.  

If that number is true, you don’t think 75M makes an impact?

And this is like anything…it’s a volume thing.  How many different deals like this will you do? You get naming rights to the stadium for someone and get another 75-100M. There are several different things you can do and before you know it, you are bringing in 100s of millions of dollars that makes a monster impact.

I watched last night and never even noticed the patch, TBH.  I did notice the T. Rowe Price signage on the wall behind home plate.  Didn’t bother me, however.  Honestly, when I’m watching baseball, I’m pretty focused on the game, not what the player are wearing or what signage is around.  

45 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If that number is true, you don’t think 75M makes an impact?

And this is like anything…it’s a volume thing.  How many different deals like this will you do? You get naming rights to the stadium for someone and get another 75-100M. There are several different things you can do and before you know it, you are bringing in 100s of millions of dollars that makes a monster impact.

Depends on how many years that 75 million is stretched over, I’d say. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Depends on how many years that 75 million is stretched over, I’d say. 

Any money is a good thing.  I would assume it’s 5-10 years but even if it’s 10 years, that’s 7.5M they can put into things that don’t have to come out of pocket for. P

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Any money is a good thing.  I would assume it’s 5-10 years but even if it’s 10 years, that’s 7.5M they can put into things that don’t have to come out of pocket for. P

You’re right. 

Let’s revisit this thread when Gunnar hits free agency and goes elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Only time I noticed the patch was when they showed Hyde. He was wearing all black and the teal patch sort of jumped out at me. Don't like it but winning sooths a lot of ills. Extend Gunner and I'll wear a T Rowe P patch on my arse. 

I could not hate this more.  I get that it generates revenue.  I get that other teams/sports do it.  I get that it's just another form of advertising, I get that baseball is business... but I still have this naive, idealistic notion that baseball is different.  Advertising on uniforms is a bridge too far for me.  

3 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

I could not hate this more.  I get that it generates revenue.  I get that other teams/sports do it.  I get that it's just another form of advertising, I get that baseball is business... but I still have this naive, idealistic notion that baseball is different.  Advertising on uniforms is a bridge too far for me.  

But advertising has always been a part of baseball.