Counting Chickens

gmelson26

So I'm writing this for my benefit as much as anyone else really. I find myself occasionally just kind of assuming that we're going to be playing in the next round. Not most of the time, but it just feels like we can't lose.

The reality is we need to take this one game at a time. We could easily lose 3 games in a row here. The odds- of course- are in our favor, but these Tigers are not to be underestimated.

I think their starters will be going 120 pitches if the game is at all close. I think we could see more Annibal and Porcello out of the pen and Scherzer on short rest in game 4.

That said, we hit Price well. Go O's!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times did this team ever lose three in a row this season? 1 in 3 is very likely. I think we do it in 3, we are a team of destiny.

Like the Yankees in 2004? Never, ever underestimate the power of the baseball gods. Certainly this series cannot be going any better than it has, but the Tigers are easily capable of winning three straight. Remember we got swept by the Cubs this year.

Like the Yankees in 2004? Never, ever underestimate the power of the baseball gods. Certainly this series cannot be going any better than it has, but the Tigers are easily capable of winning three straight. Remember we got swept by the Cubs this year.
Yeah, yeah, anything is possible, but since May 30 the O's have lost 3 in a row twice. They just don't do that. Buck won't let them.

When exactly did they do that? They almost did it in 1972 but they lost Game 5.

I honestly haven't looked when. I read it on a Tiger blog, and didn't have time to fact check it. I assumed (which is dumb) that they know their team, but maybe its wrong. I'll check tomorrow.

Archived