Aderlin Rodriguez

TeamSchoop6

I did not stop anyone from talking about anything. I did not shout anyone down. The original poster and I were just fine. You are the one trying to make something out of nothing.

It's something to me, I'll just chalk it up to you hurting your back or something with the blizzard. Let it go and I will.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeamSchop6, I have to ask. How old are you? That sounds like something I naively would have said about Tim Nordbrook or Dyar Miller or Taylor Duncan a long time ago.

He never said that someday he could or should replace Manny, you brought that up. You were not being nice. You called him a child, Because you used to feel positive about players when you were one. No need to talk about rules or what is allowed. We get far too much bullying here.

Anyway. It got way too far of topic here.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Will he get the call to AAA soon? I know he's not a prospect but not like he'd be taking someone's spot at Norfolk.

As long as David Washington and Pedro Alvarez are there, no. He's just an org guy, may get to Norfolk next year and get a September cup of coffee if he is still crushing and things fell off the rails.

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

What makes you think he doesn't? 

He's a first base only guy who is old for his level, he'll have hit for more power than he is now to profile.

For comparison, DJ Stewart (who many around here think isn't much of a prospect) has the same ISO (isolated slugging, a decent measure of power), a better BB to K ratio, is two years younger and plays a tougher defensive position, and has more value on the basepaths.  

I remember this guy.   As a mets fan we talked about him a bunch some years back, occasionally with optimism.   60-70 power potential and not much else.  Bad glove.   That he's moved to first full time is something people were predicting 4 years ago, and there's not much opportunity for righty first basemen unless they hit the ball really well.    I could see him getting a cup of coffee in September if there's space on the 40 and doing OK but as others have said, he's probably not a prospect, though to his credit, he's taken a big step in the right direction by hitting .300 for you guys in AA and his K rate isn't bad for a power guy,

It would still be fun to see him get a cup of coffee in the majors though.   I'd turn on the TV for that.

23 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Rodriguez won the Double A Home Run Derby.

He's having a nice season and I expect he will play in the big leagues in some capacity at some point. Unfortunately 1B/DH is not an area where there are going to be any openings in Baltimore any time soon. 

18 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He's having a nice season and I expect he will play in the big leagues in some capacity at some point. Unfortunately 1B/DH is not an area where there are going to be any openings in Baltimore any time soon. 

Best bet is either September or a trade. Maybe a Rule 5.

He's a season away from being near a call up. Mancini had way better numbers in Bowie and it still took him a full year in AAA. He would just take up a spot on the 40 man. 

I like the guy. He's just going to have to a big year in AAA just to be where David Washington is at this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived