Maryland vs. Purdue

ArtVanDelay

Noon on ESPN.

Purdue has three bigs that are going to be extremely difficult to defend.  Isaac Hass is 7'2, Caleb Swanigan is 6'9, and Vince Edwards is 6'8.  All three can score and rebound.  Swanigan will probably be the best player on the court; he's averaging 19 points and 13 rebounds a game!  I expect Purdue to get a ton of second chance offensive rebounds in this one.  Purdue gets the 9th most offensive rebounds in the country and this seems to be a problem for us.

Purdue played Wednesday so the Terps have an extra days rest, plus Purdue had to travel.  The Terps are going to have to come out fresh and hit threes to win this one.  It's going to be tough to score in the paint.  

I'll say Jackson and Huerter continue their hot streaks and lead the Terps to a high scoring 84-80 win.

Listened to a brief discussion on The Fan today and one of the guys didn't think Hass was all that good on the boards even with his size.   But still I agree getting position and boxing out is going to be important.   I will be there tomorrow, probably the only game I will attend all season, so hoping for a good one!  

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Agree that the Terps have to hit their three's to win this game. Let's hope Purdue comes in overconfident because of their rebounding advantage. Should be a good tough game.

It is pretty odd to think that Purdue is going to be overconfident considering the game is at Maryland and the Terps are 20-2 and 8-1 in the Big Ten.   

Archived