1st game on MASN Saturday at 1 pm

OriolesMagic83

39 minutes ago, Number5 said:

lawn.jpg

I hope you'll excuse me for taking this seriously. I lived in a neighborhood with a perfectly flat street, about 70 yards long and 25 yards wide. We played touch football, wiffle ball, boxball, wireball etc. there. (We had no Little League or other organized sports other than in school.) We often had to retrieve a ball from an adjoining yard, and when a new family moved in we had to break them in. On summer nights, we played varieties of tag and hide-and-seek games that took us through neighborhood yards, some belonging to our parents and others not. We didn't differentiate, except to avoid a couple where our presence might start a dog barking and giving our location away.

So I'm a big proponent of letting kids go on your lawn if it's part of their recreation. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

I often feel that things I have valued in my life have vanished, been diluted, or are on their way out, replaced by things I don't much care for or just don't understand.

A day like today helps me forget all that. Oriole baseball (even of the early spring training variety) on TV via mlb.tv, with the knowledge this is likely to be the last season (or part of one) of Angelos ownership. The sun is shining (at least in New York). It's a good feeling.

It’s a beautiful thing. Baseball is americas past time. 

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

I hope you'll excuse me for taking this seriously. I lived in a neighborhood with a perfectly flat street, about 70 yards long and 25 yards wide. We played touch football, wiffle ball, boxball, wireball etc. there. (We had no Little League or other organized sports other than in school.) We often had to retrieve a ball from an adjoining yard, and when a new family moved in we had to break them in. On summer nights, we played varieties of tag and hide-and-seek games that took us through neighborhood yards, some belonging to our parents and others not. We didn't differentiate, except to avoid a couple where our presence might start a dog barking and giving our location away.

So I'm a big proponent of letting kids go on your lawn if it's part of their recreation. 

castle-nathan-fillion.gif

• Confused 1

Good news I got to watch Oriole's baseball. Not so good though, I had to watch it on Boston NESN. Put on mute most of the time as they spent half the game talking to players with split screen. Hate that!!!! 

Generally, my take is watching spring games on TV is like watching paint dry. But, it is baseball! Have to say the new rules really help get through these games much quicker. Thankful for that. Boston announcers spent a lot of time talking up the Oriole team and our minor leagues. Nice ending.

Cowser stroked it!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Too Tall said:

Good news I got to watch Oriole's baseball. Not so good though, I had to watch it on Boston NESN. Put on mute most of the time as they spent half the game talking to players with split screen. Hate that!!!! 

Generally, my take is watching spring games on TV is like watching paint dry. But, it is baseball! Have to say the new rules really help get through these games much quicker. Thankful for that. Boston announcers spent a lot of time talking up the Oriole team and our minor leagues. Nice ending.

Cowser stroked it!!!!!!

Just like in the AAA championship game.   

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Nice camera

Yes, it was literally "shaky" camera work from centerfield.  Also loved hearing the ball hit the mitt the instant the pitcher was letting go of the ball.  So, shaky camera had me closing my eyes so I wouldn't get dizzy, and sound and picture not synced up well at all.  And, of course, the Orioles under Angelos class act of Hollander and Palmer doing play-by-play and color from Baltimore, not Sarasota.  

But, great to see a live baseball game regardless, to I'll take the warts.    

4 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Sounds nicer than the neighbor I had as a kid. He would give us the death stare if the ball ever rolled into his yard. We never came close to hitting his house even once.

54 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Just like in the AAA championship game.   

Today’s was a wind-aided homer if there ever was one.  But we’ll take it!   Sometimes you gotta know how to lob a ball into the jet stream!

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Today’s was a wind-aided homer if there ever was one.  But we’ll take it!   Sometimes you gotta know how to lob a ball into the jet stream!

Wind-aided, but also 105 mph off the bat.