10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

This is what happens when you keep taking out effective pitchers and rolling the dice with another pitcher. At some point you're going to bring in a pitcher who coughs it up. I don't know why Hyde feels like he needs to give every pitcher a chance to pitch in this game. I wasn't on the bandwagon before, but... FIRE HYDE!!!! Get him off my team!!!!

4 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

The panic pull of Eflin will cost us this game...and our season...No way they win this game now...

Same as Blake Snell in the World Series it might not prove to be the winning move, but there was not an iota of panic about it.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Infield hit too…not really doing anything special.  Just making contact.

.388 with RISP on the season.

I'm not a big believer in clutch, I think good hitters are good hitters regardless.  But Witt obviously can execute based on the situation.  He's a good clutch hitter because he's a good hitter to begin with...but he's not up there swinging from the fences when solid contact will get the job done.

Hyde is an absolute buffoon. Removes Eflin after 4. Let’s his best reliever go 0.2 IP. Removes Webb who looked settled in. Brings in Perez (who has been absolutely brutal) whose base runner ends up scoring. Overmanaging on the pitching side and then let’s Cowser hit last inning in that situation (but had Slater on deck to PH for O’Hearn). Makes zero sense. If O’Hearn hits in that spot, they have the lead. Cowser’s AB is much more important.