Just listened to Palmer on XM

El Gordo

Boy did he have a lot to say. I wish I had a tape recorder, but a few things that jumped out to me. He spoke to a coach at ST and he asked what kind of club is this going to be and the coach said "if anybody worked hard it would stick out like a sore thumb." "PA wants Rick Dempsey":eek:," the inmates are running the asylum","They need to be taking IF", "Terry Crowley is a good hitting coach, there is a fog bank between the on deck circle and the batters box many lose their way in it and end up swinging at pitchers pitches early in the count", Dave may have been too nice a guy".

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Terry Crowley is a good hitting coach, there is a fog bank between the on deck circle and the batters box many lose their way in it and end up swinging at pitchers pitches early in the count"

Such are the leaps of logic one must make to sustain the conclusion that Terry Crowley is a good hitting coach!

Agree with the "too nice" sentiment. A leader who is too nice is almost always disrespected and rarely gets the maximum out of his charges. Know any good managers, football coaches, businessmen, or generals who is known as being a "nice guy"? I don't.

Agree with the "too nice" sentiment. A leader who is too nice is almost always disrespected and rarely gets the maximum out of his charges. Know any good managers, football coaches, businessmen, or generals who is known as being a "nice guy"? I don't.

Torre.jpg

Ron Gardenhire is known to be a "nice guy." So is Eric Wedge.

This is the thing that strikes me about Palmer: He always is the first to say things like, "this is the way it should be done." etc etc. But he never puts himself out there to manage or coach.

He could easily do it, what team would not want someone like Jim Palmer to be their manager?

Sometimes Palmer strikes me as a guy who finds it easy to lob jabs from the safety of the pressbox but wouldn't know what to do if he were ever in a situation to act on his beliefs.

But still, if that is how he sees things, then that is how he sees things.

This is the thing that strikes me about Palmer: He always is the first to say things like, "this is the way it should be done." etc etc. But he never puts himself out there to manage or coach.

He could easily do it, what team would not want someone like Jim Palmer to be their manager?

Sometimes Palmer strikes me as a guy who finds it easy to lob jabs from the safety of the pressbox but wouldn't know what to do if he were ever in a situation to act on his beliefs.

But still, if that is how he sees things, then that is how he sees things.

Palmer is in a better position to see things about this club than any of us. He may be overstating things but the part about people not working hard on doing the little things concerns me. I don't think he would say that if it wasn't true.

Too nice is the word. Remember when Brian Roberts ran around third on a popup and was made to look awful?

Trembley did nothing.

You got to bench guys.

Bench Tejada when he doesnt run to first.

I really want a dictator.

Dempsey might be okay. I know it would cause an explosion of disdain from the OH elites.

Palmer is in a better position to see things about this club than any of us. He may be overstating things but the part about people not working hard on doing the little things concerns me. I don't think he wouold say that if it wasn't true.

Honestly as arrogant as Palmer is he backed it up. The guy is probably a genius on an IQ test. I really dont doubt it.

Too nice is the word. Remember when Brian Roberts ran around third on a popup and was made to look awful?

Trembley did nothing.

You got to bench guys.

Dempsey might be okay. I know it would cause an explosion of disdain from the OH elites.

Yes, because that worked out so well for Fredi Gonzalez.

Trembley did nothing.

You got to bench guys.

Look the issue with Demper is the same problem that people will have/had with DT. Dempsey hasn't showed an acute ability to navigate this team through games. And the Orioles really aren't in a position to try someone out just to see if they get it.

He yells and screams a lot. He makes crazy predictions (40 homers for Reimold), but he's not a MLB manager. If you want dramatics don't watch baseball. Plus I think he'd be prone to throw a lot of guys under the bus or completely change who he is once he becomes a manager.

Archived