Gilchrist

I have noted that multiple times and that is the reason I am on record that Yow is here to stay and those who think otherwise are not credible. Specifically they are blaming Yow for GW's failings. They do not understand the faculty/AD relationship.

Obviously you have not read my other posts.

LOL! I just recieved the same letter. I like how you omited the part where MD recieved an award for having one of the best run ADs in the country:

"In August, I begin my 15th year as your Athletics Director and want to tell you that these have been the finest years possible for me, as I have worked alongside you and our coaches and staff in building this athletics program. We have won 16 National Championships, more than any public institution in the ACC during this period and in 2006 had the highest student-athlete graduation rate among all public institutions in the ACC. I would add that we have now joined Stanford and UCLA as the ONLY THREE Universities in the nation to win National Championships in football, in men’s basketball and in women’s basketball. Added to those achievements, your Terps won the inaugural PRISM Award as one of the best-run athletics programs in the nation, a tribute to you for providing the resources and to our hardworking staff for their productivity and teamwork."

Obviously they are doing something right.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know. All I know is that I am #8,800 something on the waitlist. Perhaps faculty & staff are on the same waitlist.

Let's do the math. Yow says there are 8600 TC members, quite a number of those already own basketball season tickets. You claimed there are 10,000 TC members on the wait list. Not only do your numbers not hold up they aren't even close!! If you resort to distortions to make your point then you just aren't credible. Beyond that it's flat out wrong to post disinformation.

Let's do the math. Yow says there are 8600 TC members, quite a number of those already own basketball season tickets. You claimed there are 10,000 TC members on the wait list. Not only do your numbers not hold up they aren't even close!! If you resort to distortions to make your point then you just aren't credible. Beyond that it's flat out wrong to post disinformation.

Its not "disinformation" as you say, it was a mistake on my part. There are close to 10,000 people on the waiting list for basketball season tickets. I dont know the exact number. I AM in the 8,000's on that waiting list. I am not going to claim that I know how they came up with that number either. All I know is that I wanted to buy season tickets, and I was instructed to sign up for the TC and get on the waitlist. I made my donation, called and got on the waitlist and recieved a letter in the mail saying "congrats, you are number 85xx on the waitlist." I assumed that meant that all 8500 before me and those behind me were all terrapin club members as well. That being said, I am tired of trying to argue a point that neither you or I can prove one way or the other (as I said in a previous post). So, I am done. If that means saying "you win" then congrats "you win." You just proved nothing to 5 message board readers that neither you or I know.

All five of those people now think I am a spreader of disinformation. This is a monumentally tragic event in my life. I will now go drown my sorrows in alcohol and pain pills and end my tragic life. Go terps.

Its not "disinformation" as you say, it was a mistake on my part. There are close to 10,000 people on the waiting list for basketball season tickets. I dont know the exact number. I AM in the 8,000's on that waiting list. I am not going to claim that I know how they came up with that number either. All I know is that I wanted to buy season tickets, and I was instructed to sign up for the TC and get on the waitlist. I made my donation, called and got on the waitlist and recieved a letter in the mail saying "congrats, you are number 85xx on the waitlist." I assumed that meant that all 8500 before me and those behind me were all terrapin club members as well. That being said, I am tired of trying to argue a point that neither you or I can prove one way or the other (as I said in a previous post). So, I am done. If that means saying "you win" then congrats "you win." You just proved nothing to 5 message board readers that neither you or I know.

All five of those people now think I am a spreader of disinformation. This is a monumentally tragic event in my life. I will now go drown my sorrows in alcohol and pain pills and end my tragic life. Go terps.

Don't worry. Four of us agree with you :P

Archived