Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

18 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

I was trying desperately to not participate in hijacking this thread into a broadcasters thread. Clearly I failed, I could care less who is in the booth. As long as they give our the basic details, count, outs, runners on base etc... that's all I need. Now back to the OP reason for this thread.

So, you do care?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Hernandez would be in the 8-12 range for our system, Lopez would be a 10-15 guy (he's had a strong A+ season, arguable better than Akin at the same age), Miller and Schraldi are old for their level but have had good preformance, they'd be top 30 guys for us.

So no big impact prospect, but two very solid players.  I'd hope to get a little more from Brach (and he is a little better/cheaper), probably quality over quantity, but this isn't a nothing return.

Thanks for the perspective.  I would say this gives us a frame of reference as to what Brach may bring.  I'd say Brach is a level above Phelps.  

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Or the guy that has a sense of humor and posts tongue in cheek trade proposals.  

So all your trade proposals have been tongue in cheek jokes then?

Cahill for Aquino is no more ridiculous than suggesting Darren O'Day (a salary dump candidate) can bring back two top ten prospects from an organization or any of the other various deals you proposed that aren't based in reality :)

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

So all your trade proposals have been tongue in cheek jokes then?

Cahill for Aquino is no more ridiculous than suggesting Darren O'Day (a salary dump candidate) can bring back two top ten prospects from an organization or any of the other various deals you proposed that aren't based in reality :)

You propose some deals?  Let's hear your thoughts.  It's always easier to criticize.  Not everyone can just ask witty follow up questions like COC.  The board would be boring.  

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Is patience a strength for him? 

It will be a lot easier to look through the prospects lists and various offers once teams are done doing a bunch of deals.   ;)

Might go from three or four teams looking at Britton to only one.  Sounds like a lot less work to me.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Dan should wait until the deadline and see what prospects they have left.

He's got plenty of time.

Agreed but I suspect the Dodgers may move sooner. Get one top 50 guys and 3 of their guys that are not in the top 100. If the Astros trade for Sonny, the Dodgers will be chomping at the bit to answer.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Agreed but I suspect the Dodgers may move sooner. Get one top 50 guys and 3 of their guys that are not in the top 100. If the Astros trade for Sonny, the Dodgers will be chomping at the bit to answer.

I was being sarcastic.

I'd rather they be proactive.  The moves seem to be coming earlier this year and I'd hate to miss out.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was being sarcastic.

I'd rather they be proactive.  The moves seem to be coming earlier this year and I'd hate to miss out.

Dan might operate better if he was a bit sarcastic instead of just quirky.

"Transformative"

That is what I want the theme of the deadline and next off season to be.  No more trying to patch the leaky boat you have.  I guess in many ways I don't care how that is done? But do know that it can't be accomplished in one off season unless your name is DiPoto.  So something needs to happen now.

The moves so far minus the Nats are moves to try and get in playoffs not to win it.  Teams that want to win it look more for that big piece.  I.e. Miller Chapman last year.  This year those guys are Grey and Britton.  

Archived