Thanks for Contributing, Nick

bryanman8

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His OPS is over 800 now...Wouldn't surprise me if he never went below the 800 level the rest of the year.

He is on pace for 46 doubles and 18 homers.

Personally i think he will end up with over 40 doubles but be closer to 25 homers than 18.

I would have to say that if he does that, we will be happy with his sophomore campaign...

Also...

He loves showin off that hose in right. He keeps base runners at bay or at least makes them think before just heding to 3rd or home.

And his heads up hustle Sat night getting to 3rd with 2-outs was gritty and gutty.

Nick will be a Jim Edmunds type player for his career IMO.

Guest oriofan8
Yea, especially since that would likely push his OPS towards 850.

Add to that the "cannon" he has for an arm....and dollar for dollar, may be the best right fielder out there...or at least real close !!

An average year for Stan the Man was .330 BA, 39 2B, 9 3B, 25 HR, 4 SB. 104 RBI's, 86 BB's. Nick the Stick needs to cut down the K's and increase the BB's, and he's not that far off in his second year. I still have high hopes. He's becoming a great baserunner, fine fielder and his power will increase. Just look at the 2B's.

His OPS is over 800 now...Wouldn't surprise me if he never went below the 800 level the rest of the year.

Personally i think he will end up with over 40 doubles but be closer to 25 homers than 18.

He's gotta start cranking the ball out of the park to get closer to 25 than to 18.

I think 18ish is a safe bet. We'll know that those doubles will turn into homers next year and beyond....

Guest rochester

I could not agree more with this...maybe a little less than 25 but spot on.

He's gotta start cranking the ball out of the park to get closer to 25 than to 18.

I think 18ish is a safe bet. We'll know that those doubles will turn into homers next year and beyond....

This time last year he still had 2HR. He 's a 2cnd half player. I'll be surprised if he isn't close to 25.

That'll do, Nick. That'll do.

As I said, I was simply criticizing him for not getting the job done at all in the first half and he was a big reason why our offense was awful; not because he was awful at all; he wasn't. I was just counting on him to be our best-second best hitter and he failed big time.

Obviously this thread lit a fire under him as Nick is a big-time Hangout reader. Thus, I credit myself with his success. :D

Archived