Dear Georgia,

wildcard

Dear Georgia,

We know you love Baltimore and we understand that you may want to sell the Orioles.  There are two things that would solidify your family's legacy of ownership of the Orioles.

1) Sign a long term lease to keep the O's in Camden Yards.

2) Sign Elias/Holt/Sig/Hyde to long term contracts.  

These four managers are the brain trust of the team.   Their ability to identify and manage young talented players can keep the Orioles at the top of the league  for years to come at a relatively low payroll.   They should be paid well and kept together.    

By doing this  you will have enhanced the value of the team that your family has loved for a long time.

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Did Wildcard go on a bender or something? What's this thread about?

Is about 8 lines long.

The Elias strategy to build a winner seems to be proving successful.   I would like to see the core managers signed to long term contracts.   As other teams come to the same conclusion they may come asking to interview O's managers.   

I think it would be a great move on Georgia Angelos part to secure the O's future.  Spending on these managers may be as important as any spending Georgia could do.

When the small market Rays because successful Friedman went to the Dodgers.  Madden to the Cubs.  Bloom to Red Sox.    I am sure there have been more managers leave for big market teams.   I say sign the O's  key guys up and pay them well. 

Edited by wildcard

33 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Ok. Your op, for me, is blank. Is it font color or something?

Edit: It is font color. I use the Hangout theme, so my background is white. I see no text at all in your OP. When I highlight the space I see it.

Can you see it now?

So I'm sitting in the right centerfield stands during the first game of the Toronto series this week. Just as a sidelight, we were 4 rows back from where Urias' HR landed. The guy sitting in front of me was clearly a Baltimorean and we got to talking about the game. He asked if I thought the team was moving to Tennessee. We had chatted for a while about the young players and I could tell he was very excited to see the team improving after many years of being unwatchable. He knew we were from Asheville, NC and that we travel to TN on a regular basis for my son's baseball travel team. He was really concerned that he, and by extension all of Baltimore, was going to lose their beloved O's. 

I think it sucks that the Angelos family is holding Baltimore sports fans hostage with their family squabbles. First they become persona non grata with Major League Baseball and the Commissioner's office. Then they failed to modernize the operations, player development, and scouting departments of the team they own and reported love leading to the need for a complete and painful teardown. Then they completely screw up the MASN situation to the point where it was in a nearly endless lawsuit and finally John and Lou are fighting over who has control of the franchise. What a catastrophe! Baltimore sports fans deserve better.