Roch: Would you?

JTrea81

http://masnsports.com/2009/09/would-you.html

I'm not insinuating that the two teams are having discussions. It's complete fiction. I'm just wondering whether you'd do it.

Jake Arrieta, Zach Britton and Brandon Waring to the Marlins for Josh Johnson.

This is an interesting idea, but I don't think it's enough on the O's side.

Now imagine if we could put together a package for Johnson and Hanley Ramirez...

Now that would be a gamble.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://masnsports.com/2009/09/would-you.html

This is an interesting idea, but I don't think it's enough on the O's side.

Now imagine if we could put together a package for Johnson and Hanley Ramirez...

Now that would be a gamble.

Yes, I am in.

EDIT: Before I go to far...how many years is Johnson under control for? I'd like an extension with it.

Here's one that I might actually consider doing...Josh Johnson posts a near 3 ERA almost every year and is still relatively young. I don't know if I would call him an "Ace" but he'd be our number 1 for sure and a good addition in front of Matusz, Tillman, BB, Guthrie/Hernandez

Here's one that I might actually consider doing...Josh Johnson posts a near 3 ERA almost every year and is still relatively young. I don't know if I would call him an "Ace" but he'd be our number 1 for sure and a good addition in front of Matusz, Tillman, BB, Guthrie/Hernandez

I would call him an ace.

The bigger question is how his stuff transfer to the AL East. but he is certainly an ace in his current team/league

No.

Remember that Johnson is pitching in the cavernous Marlin ballpark. I would prefer to spend 15MM or so a year on Lackey, getting the same performance, than giving up on two of our top prospects and another guy who just may breakout next year.

It is a move a team makes if they are a guy away from the playoffs. It is not a move a team makes if they are several pieces and a year or several away.

No.

Remember that Johnson is pitching in the cavernous Marlin ballpark. I would prefer to spend 15MM or so a year on Lackey, getting the same performance, than giving up on two of our top prospects and another guy who just may breakout next year.

It is a move a team makes if they are a guy away from the playoffs. It is not a move a team makes if they are several pieces and a year or several away.

This.

I definitely wouldn't make this move.

Archived