ERod

webbrick2010

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another strong outing for Portland (Red Sox)

7IP, 5H, 0ER 2BB, 5K

ERA with Portland after 3 starts .74 28K's/6BB's in 24 IP's

Man I hope this doesn't come back and bite us in the &&09&89

I kind of feel like you do hope that, so you can keep complaint and saying I told you so.

I kind of feel like you do hope that, so you can keep complaint and saying I told you so.

Seems that way. I definitely don't need a start by start update of a Red Sox AA pitcher. Would be interested to know if/when he makes the majors and if he has any success, but until then this seems like a waste of space on an Orioles message board.

Another strong outing for Portland (Red Sox)

7IP, 5H, 0ER 2BB, 5K

ERA with Portland after 3 starts .74 28K's/6BB's in 24 IP's

Man I hope this doesn't come back and bite us in the &&09&89

I said it then, we have up too much. There is no way Miller alone gets us over the top. Plus, you can't tell me Koji wouldn't have been much cheaper, but hey, whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said it then, we have up too much. There is no way Miller alone gets us over the top. Plus, you can't tell me Koji wouldn't have been much cheaper, but hey, whatever.

Why would Koji have been cheaper than Miller? Both are free agents after the season. Their stats have been pretty similar this season, minus the save total that Koji has accumulated.

Why would Koji have been cheaper than Miller? Both are free agents after the season. Their stats have been pretty similar this season, minus the save total that Koji has accumulated.

Koji is injury-prone.

Koji is injury-prone.

And your evidence for that is what? Miller missed 26 games for the Red Sox in 2012 due to strained right hamstring and missed half of the season in 2013 with a left foot injury. Koji missed 66 games in 2012 with a strained lat, but aside from 4 days of rest this past April due to a sore right shoulder, he hasn't missed anytime since 2012.

He told you, and he was right. :cool:

He told you, and he was right. :cool:

Agree to disagree strongly. Koji would have been chapter, period. Miller is the better all around player due to durability and health. Koji has a history of injury and also gets tired (as you probably will recall with his time here). He also said he was tired with the Sox as early as last year I believe. That doesn't exactly help your value. Plus (even though this isn't a HUGE factor because it is a midseason rental), he is considerably older.

Argue all you want, but the cost for Koji would have been less than Erod if they were willing to trade him. My guess is we didn't want him all that bad or the Sox didn't want to trade him because they know they couldn't get as much.

Agree to disagree strongly. Koji would have been chapter, period. Miller is the better all around player due to durability and health. Koji has a history of injury and also gets tired (as you probably will recall with his time here). He also said he was tired with the Sox as early as last year I believe. That doesn't exactly help your value. Plus (even though this isn't a HUGE factor because it is a midseason rental), he is considerably older.

Argue all you want, but the cost for Koji would have been less than Erod if they were willing to trade him. My guess is we didn't want him all that bad or the Sox didn't want to trade him because they know they couldn't get as much.

2014 is the first major league season that Miller hasn't spent time on the DL. That doesn't scream durability and health.

He's pitched two games. Most organizations don't do much tinkering when they get a new player, especially one acquired in the middle of the year. E-rod had a couple nice starts. He had a couple nice starts for the Baysox this year as well. Tillman, Britton and Gausman would disagree with your statement as well. E-rod was a nice guy to have in your system, but he has flaws. There's a chance he could end up a mid-rotaiton starter, but he has a ways to go and there's a chance he may never turn into an effective big league player.

The orioles on the other hand were able to acquire a 3rd lock down reliever for their pen. I liked the trade when it happened, and I like it now no matter what E-Rod turns into. You have to be willing to take on risk to be a successful GM, and Duquette is not risk adverse. He's always trying to improve his team and he uses his minor leaguers as the commodities that they are.

I like your post. Thank you.

Either way, you lose the argument. If Koji has all the negatives you say he does compared to Miller, then Miller would be much more valuable to the O's - and they're doing something they call trying to win this year.

ERod with another strong outing on the 26th. 7 IP, 7 hits, 1 earned run, 0 walks and 7 strikeouts. All of a sudden, he has control!

Hader scuffling in AA with 13 walks and 17 strikeouts in 15.2 IP. 8.04 ERA

This EdRod thing is killing me, even though I love having Miller here for the stretch run.

Archived