Wade Miley... and Miranda to start on Thursday

webbrick2010

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wade Miley will take the hill in 2 hours in his Orioles' debut. Here's what he said yesterday about the opportunity: <a href="https://t.co/fZL4e8q4yF">https://t.co/fZL4e8q4yF</a></p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="

">August 4, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wonder how many innings Miley would be able to throw against 5' 8", .626 OPSing Caucasian A ball hitters while he's standing 50' from the plate and his team is playing four games a week? I'm guessing about 500, maybe more.

Yeah, more than 500 probably. Radbourn's contemporaries would be way worse than A ball caliber - Miley's going a stress free 9 twice a week for fun for 450 IP or so - and can give you a few more innings of relief each week if you need them. From 50 feet he's a threat for a no-hitter every start as well.

Sat about 11 rows deep over the O's dugout tonight. Miley has a nice delivery and seems to throw hard (91-92 with the fastball). It looked like he threw a few bad breaking balls, like the one Choo hit over his head.

Overall, I thought he looked good. It looked like Davis botched that one grounder at first base. Can someone fill me in? Did the runner get in his way?

Think you guys are way too down on Miranda.

He's a #1 right now. Every scout in baseball but the one in Seattle missed that. He'll be the next Kershaw, and the trade will turn out to be a bigger bust than the Arrieta one. Whatever.

80 pitches through 6 is impressive vs. the Sox.

It is only one start, but DD's coffee can't be tasting too good this morning. If he puts up comparable numbers to Miley over the final two months, DD will look like a real genius. By the way how many of our starters have thrown 6 innings and only 80 pitches this year?

Archived