1/27 Maryland vs. BC

PaulBako

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has this team stopped listening to Gary?

Makes no sense for them to continue to blow big leads like this.

Its definitely not a problem with effort. Its lack of inside play for the most part not allowing them to score points consistently.

If they aren't shooting well, this is a very poor team. That goes for both entire games and smaller stretches within games.

With the latest Sun article, any chance they let Gary go now?

Fighting with the university in the press can't help your cause after these last two games.

Zero chance he leaves mid-season, thats just ridiculous.

I don't think he'll be back next season though, hopefully its his call though, firing him would hurt the program pretty severely.

Its definitely not a problem with effort. Its lack of inside play for the most part not allowing them to score points consistently.

If they aren't shooting well, this is a very poor team. That goes for both entire games and smaller stretches within games.

So, we're saying that he recruited a team that is unathletic, small, and can't shoot? Sounds like my intramural squad. No, wait: we could shoot.

I have to admit, I'm a long-time supporter, but his fight with the administration (and the people he has recruited) really reflect poorly on the school. I mean, he's fighting over Tyree Evans or somehow fiddling around with Gilchrist or Maze. Bemoaning losing Clark to 'Nova.

It's a litany of embarrassments over the last five years.

Zero chance he leaves mid-season, thats just ridiculous.

I don't think he'll be back next season though, hopefully its his call though, firing him would hurt the program pretty severely.

More than not firing him and him being too stubborn to resign himself?

Yes. Fire him and you probably lose a ton of money from boosters

I'm sure it won't come down to that, of course. Gary will resign at the end of the year.

If he won't, however? I've got no problem losing a bit of booster money if it means teams/recruits that win, graduate, and don't embarrass the university.

Can I please ask.....what good are the boosters? What are they boosting?
They basically pay for everything the teams are able to do. Football and basketball are the biggest.

I'm not super in tune with all the rumors and everything, but everything I've heard is that Gary is still very much in favor of the biggest donors. Of course that isn't a reason to keep him if he is really hurting the team, but I don't think that is the case. I don't think a new coach comes in and instantly turns the team around and I still think Gary can do the work that it takes to start turning the program around.

Ultimately, I think he walks away at the end of the year at this point. But I still think if he doesn't, unless this team completely tunes him out and it appears he can't get through to the players which obviously isn't the case right now, the program is far better off bringing him back for next year than we would be if we fired him.

They basically pay for everything the teams are able to do. Football and basketball are the biggest.

I'm not super in tune with all the rumors and everything, but everything I've heard is that Gary is still very much in favor of the biggest donors. Of course that isn't a reason to keep him if he is really hurting the team, but I don't think that is the case. I don't think a new coach comes in and instantly turns the team around and I still think Gary can do the work that it takes to start turning the program around.

Ultimately, I think he walks away at the end of the year at this point. But I still think if he doesn't, unless this team completely tunes him out and it appears he can't get through to the players which obviously isn't the case right now, the program is far better off bringing him back for next year than we would be if we fired him.

I don't see any evidence, any sign, that this is a tournament team any time in the next few years. So, how many years out of the tournament is enough?

Archived