Will Matzek be available at #5?

Will Matzek be available at #5?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Matzek be available at #5?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

This is the guy I've really set my heart on, I was wondering if yall think he'll drop to us or not. Poll coming...

Yes, he will be available. :2yay-thumb:

But we won't draft him. :angryfire:

I don't know if we'd draft him, but I don't think he'll be available, unfortunately.

If we pass on him, that means Jordan must be REALLY high on the guy he took, IMO. That assumption would be my only solace in the decision.

Given our payroll this year, I really hope not.
I agree. But read Roch's comments this morning. Read Jim Callis's comments in BA's last mock draft. Everything points to us taking signability over BPA this year. Completely inexcusable, especially considering the money we "saved" by not signing Tex.

No, it's not completely inexcusable if a few things are in play:

1. Two players are extremely closely rated...go with signable.

2. You've targeted many "signability" guys for later in the draft and need to free up money (though it should still be linked to #1).

3. You plan on heavily investing in international free agency for guys like Sano, or somewhat lesser.

Our first pick won't happen in a vaccuum.

No, it's not completely inexcusable if a few things are in play:

1. Two players are extremely closely rated...go with signable.

2. You've targeted many "signability" guys for later in the draft and need to free up money (though it should still be linked to #1).

3. You plan on heavily investing in international free agency for guys like Sano, or somewhat lesser.

Our first pick won't happen in a vaccuum.

All great points.

I don't care if they go for a lower-priced player in the 1st round as long as the overall monetary commitment to the draft and International Signing Period is a sizable amount. That's the best use of our current resources at this point.

Archived