NCAA seed

What seed will the Terps get in the NCAA tourney?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What seed will the Terps get in the NCAA tourney?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said a 4. If we win against VA and then win a couple of games in the ACC tournament I think it's guaranteed.

If we beat UVA I think we'll be in the 16-20 range.

We win a couple in the tourney and lose one (I doubt we win the whole thing) and I think we're a lock for around a 4 seed.

It's hard to say for sure though. Bump this topic around seeding time. :D

Darn you for taking my thread idea! I was seriously going to post about this very topic. But it's good to have it out there.

Right now I'd say a 5 seed. If they make it deep in the ACC tournament then probably a 4, but if they win the whole thing I think there's a chance they get a 3. Unless they lose to UVA and bomb in their first game in the ACC tourney, I think the Terps have earned a # 5 seed.

If you are a Terps fan, you shouldn't want a 4 or 5 seed right now.

Take the 6th seed.

If they get a 4 or 5, MD will have to play one of Cuse, Kansas and Kentucky if seeds hold out.

If you get the 6th seed, you stack up better getting into the elite 8 against the teams that will get the 3 seeds.

If you are a Terps fan, you shouldn't want a 4 or 5 seed right now.

Take the 6th seed.

If they get a 4 or 5, MD will have to play one of Cuse, Kansas and Kentucky if seeds hold out.

If you get the 6th seed, you stack up better getting into the elite 8 against the teams that will get the 3 seeds.

If they get a 6 and the rest goes chalk, they'd go against the 2 in the sweet sixteen, right? Then they'd hit up the 1.

(FWIW, I still think they're a second-round exit as it is right now, but they're definitely impressive. )

If they get a 6 and the rest goes chalk, they'd go against the 2 in the sweet sixteen, right? Then they'd hit up the 1.

(FWIW, I still think they're a second-round exit as it is right now, but they're definitely impressive. )

If you get the 6, you play the 2/3 seed in the sweet sixteen, and can avoid playing the 1 seed until the regional final.

I said a 3 seed, and that is going to take a good run in the ACC tourney, probably requiring another win over Duke in the final.

Yea, you are right...not sure what i was thinking.

Still, if i am MD, I would rather play a team like Purdue in the sweet 16 than Syracuse.

I agree that MD is going to be a second round exit...And really, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go in the first...its all about matchups...none of these teams are all that great.

But MD could easily have a first round game against a team like Texas, UConn, Marquette or someone like that...That would be a tough first game.

This is going to be a wild tourney...No real dominant team...Just a bunch of flawed teams across the board.

MD does have some great pieces needed to advance though, so you never know.

I think we'll end up with a 4 seed.

I don't really worry about the "preferring a 6 over a 4" or stuff like that. I'll take the best seed we can get, because that means we're playing the best ball we can be at the time.

I think we beat UVA and make the ACC tourney final. I think Duke probably beats us there, but if we win out, we could be as high as a 2 seed.

I don't think the Terps have a chance at a 2 seed...They may be able to get a 3 but no higher than that.

If we were to win out (which is a HUGE if) that would mean either 10 or 11 straight wins including two (probably) vs. dook.

If that doesn't vault us into the top 8 then nothing will.

If we were to win out (which is a HUGE if) that would mean either 10 or 11 straight wins including two (probably) vs. dook.

If that doesn't vault us into the top 8 then nothing will.

But you aren't taking into account the other teams.

Right now, you have 3 locks as #1 seeds...Cuse, Kansas and Kentucky.

Duke is still likely a #1 seed as of now as well but let's just put them in the next group.

So, fighting for the final #1 seed and the 4 #2 seeds are the following teams:

Duke

Kansas St

Purdue

OSU

Nova(who beat MD)

WVU

One of those teams is going to get a #3 seed...MD isn't going to vault those teams to get a #2 seed...They just didn't do enough OOC and even if they beat Duke twice and win the ACC title, their overall resume still isn't impressive enough to get them on that 2 line...especially when you consider who they would have to vault over.

But you aren't taking into account the other teams.

Right now, you have 3 locks as #1 seeds...Cuse, Kansas and Kentucky.

Duke is still likely a #1 seed as of now as well but let's just put them in the next group.

So, fighting for the final #1 seed and the 4 #2 seeds are the following teams:

Duke

Kansas St

Purdue

OSU

Nova(who beat MD)

WVU

One of those teams is going to get a #3 seed...MD isn't going to vault those teams to get a #2 seed...They just didn't do enough OOC and even if they beat Duke twice and win the ACC title, their overall resume still isn't impressive enough to get them on that 2 line...especially when you consider who they would have to vault over.

Any number of those teams you listed coudl easily get upset in their confernce tournament -- particularly WVU and Nova who play in the Big East. Purdue is a shell of its former self without Hummel and i don't expect them to make waves either.

OSU I agree will most likely get a 2, same with KState.

Again, I'm not saying its likely and it's probably close to impossible, but the stars could easily align.

A good example is in 2004 when we won the ACC tournament. We went into that tourney as a legit bubble team, won the whole thing and got (I think) a 4 seed.

Archived