Delaware vs. Maryland

Crazysilver03

I grew up in Baltimore watching the Terrapins. I moved to Delaware during high school and this will be my 4th year at Univ of Delaware.

The game that I have been waiting for is upon us.

Maryland finished not so hot last year, whereas Delaware finished 2nd in the nation. Delaware lost Joe Flacco but gained Rob Schoenhoft from Ohio St.

How do people see the game playing out? Can Maryland pose a threat to Delaware or will they be neutral?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up in Baltimore watching the Terrapins. I moved to Delaware during high school and this will be my 4th year at Univ of Delaware.

Maryland finished not so hot last year, whereas Delaware finished 2nd in the nation. Delaware lost Joe Flacco but gained Rob Schoenhoft from Ohio St.

How do people see the game playing out? Can Maryland pose a threat to Delaware or will they be neutral?

I think this should be the other way around...i think U Del can hang in for a good half...but the O Line of UMD will dominate...42-17

Delaware lost Omar Cuff too, and he was better than Flacco was. The Terps should win this one handedly.

Love can reproduce about 90% of what Cuff could do.

Delaware has been ranked nationally at 4, 5, 7, and 11th in the four preseason polls that have been released.

I have stopped paying a lot of attention to Maryland since starting at Delaware, but I feel as if Delaware will pull out a win in this game.

Love can reproduce about 90% of what Cuff could do.

Delaware has been ranked nationally at 4, 5, 7, and 11th in the four preseason polls that have been released.

I have stopped paying a lot of attention to Maryland since starting at Delaware, but I feel as if Delaware will pull out a win in this game.

They got guys that could not get on the field at other places. MD's o-line will completely dominate them. It is simply a mismatch. Maybe they can score some against the Terps, but barring 5+ TOs the Terps will overwhelm them. I predict multiple 100 yard+ rushers for the Terps.

Guest Sailor Jerry

All of that may be so, and the dropoff between I-AA starters and I-A starters isn't that great. But the dropoff between backups is huge. Maryland will keep churning out big hosses who can steamroll people while UD's backups aren't going to be able to keep up. I've been to UD a couple of times and I know what they're capable of. And I think KC Keeler is a hell of a coach.

All of that may be so, and the dropoff between I-AA starters and I-A starters isn't that great. But the dropoff between backups is huge. Maryland will keep churning out big hosses who can steamroll people while UD's backups aren't going to be able to keep up. I've been to UD a couple of times and I know what they're capable of. And I think KC Keeler is a hell of a coach.

This is my point exactly. MD likely has the best O-line in the ACC this year, IMO. Bey is one of the most talented recievers in the country, Scott and the kid from Lackey HS I know are talented backs. If the QB does not do stupid things MD will just steamroll them.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you comparing a 2nd place finish in the Sub-division to playing in the ACC? Poor choice. Maryland has way more talent, but Delaware will be motivated.

Maryland 37 Delaware 24.

Archived