MiL start dates

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, connja said:

Will be interesting to see if that impacts placements.  Would suck if Adley has to stay down in Florida til May.  Put him in Norfolk and let's get this party started.

He should only be promoted to AAA if he is playing at a very high level in the minor leagues and deserves the opportunity.

It kind of sucks that all of the minor league will be off on Mondays. I wish they would have adjusted the travel days between A/AA/AAA for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. 

As for Rutschman, I could see him starting off at AAA to get him extra playing time. From what I heard about him at the alternate site, I doubt he would be overwhelmed and right now it's time to get him as many PAs as possible. If they need to move him down to AA when their season starts that's fine, but for now I could see him starting with Norfolk.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

It kind of sucks that all of the minor league will be off on Mondays. I wish they would have adjusted the travel days between A/AA/AAA for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. 

As for Rutschman, I could see him starting off at AAA to get him extra playing time. From what I heard about him at the alternate site, I doubt he would be overwhelmed and right now it's time to get him as many PAs as possible. If they need to move him down to AA when their season starts that's fine, but for now I could see him starting with Norfolk.

I agree with both points.

Would have been easy to adjust the travel days rather than have everybody off Monday. Would have been better for everyone, from scouts to fans to opportunities for minor league rehab assignments.

Unless Adley looks overwhelmed in spring training I would prefer him getting at-bats in AAA rather than spending another four weeks in Florida.

The teams play incredibly repetitive schedules under this new system:

Norfolk: The Tides will play games only versus teams in the Southeast Division in the Triple-A East league. Of their 142 games, a whopping 114 will come against just three teams with 42 games versus the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp and 36 each against Charlotte and Durham. The Tides will play Gwinnett 12 times, Memphis 10 times and have six games with Nashville, all during a season-opening series. The Tides will have 12 six-game home series and open at home April 13 against Jacksonville.  * * *

Bowie: * * *Their most played opponent will be Richmond and the clubs meet 24 times. But the schedule is spread out quite nicely compared to some other clubs. The Baysox will play nine other teams and meet Akron, Altoona, Erie, Harrisburg, Hartford, Reading and Somerset 12 times each.

Aberdeen: * * *will play its first 12 games on the road before its home opener at Ripken Stadium on May 18 versus Wilmington. The IronBirds will play that team 24 times and play 18 games versus Brooklyn. They will play nine teams overall.

Delmarva: The Shorebirds are in a four-team division in the 12-team Low-A East league. And they will play 96 of 120 games versus just three teams, meeting Fredericksburg 36 times and playing Salem and Lynchburg 30 times each. They will play just two other clubs all year, meeting Carolina and Down East 12 times each.

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/02/more-with-chris-holt-and-another-look-at-minor-league-schedules.html

• Upvote 2