Cafardo: Orioles have long been interested in AGon

JTrea81

The other issue is the competition for Gonzalez. Seattle and Baltimore have long been interested. The Orioles, who seem to be very close to declaring themselves fit and able to “go for it,’’ have a lot of young players, including on-the-verge pitchers Chris Tillman and Jake Arrieta, to dangle in a Gonzalez deal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2010/04/11/dont_count_on_covering_any_bases_with_gonzalez/?page=full

Well we could use a boost in the lineup... ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If San Diego wants Tillman and Arrieta, we should quickly hang up the phone.

So if Hernandez shows he can stick in the rotation, and we draft a college pitcher that can get to the majors quickly, along with having Zach Britton, you wouldn't deem those two expendable?

Tillman, Arrieta, Joseph and Snyder. I think that's a nice package to offer...

So if Hernandez shows he can stick in the rotation, and we draft a college pitcher that can get to the majors quickly, along with having Zach Britton, you wouldn't deem those two expendable?

Not both in one deal, no.

I'm not opposed to including Tillman or Arrieta in the deal, just not both.

I think they might want a guy with a little more upside than Snyder. Maybe Waring.

Not both in one deal, no.

I'm not opposed to including Tillman or Arrieta in the deal, just not both.

Arrieta is 24 this year and isn't really showing any signs of being a dominant starter. His future could lie in the bullpen.

Take out one of Arrieta/Tillman and replace them with another pitcher and I can get on board.

Arrieta is 24 this year and isn't really showing any signs of being a dominant starter. His future could lie in the bullpen.

I think he might be in the pen as well. Cheap, dominating closers are very valuable.

It's just not wise to trade two pitchers with that upside in one deal.

Too much, but I would do Erbe, Tillman, Snyder and a lesser prospect.

That is if he signs a long term deal. Not renting AGon for a year and a half. Also he is not getting Tex Money. 6 years for 110 million.

Too much, but I would do Erbe, Tillman, Snyder and a lesser prospect.

That is if he signs a long term deal. Not renting AGon for a year and a half. Also he is not getting Tex Money. 6 years for 110 million.

Yeah, if he isn't signing an extension I'm not trading anything of value for him.

If he's willing to sign a 6/110 deal, then the equation changes entirely.

Archived