Machado Twitter Post

Or he could have had a girlfriend break up with him or about 1000 other things that have nothing to do with the Orioles...

All I'm saying is that he got drafted #3 overall in the MLB Draft. Surely, it couldn't be the WORST summer ever.

It's not a big deal, I just got a little excited because I haven't seen him Tweet in a while. :laughlol:

Glad to know he's having fun with the Orioles negotiations....:rolleyes:

I think read on another post that he wasn't playing right now. Possibly shut down by Boras to ensure no injury during negotiations? If this is the case, he could be miserable that he can't be out on the field playing right now. Just speculation of course.

This also shows his maturity level. This is what any typical 18 year would probably say. I'm already middle aged and this kid will make more money on one contract than I will have made my entire life. I wish I had his summer...

I think read on another post that he wasn't playing right now. Possibly shut down by Boras to ensure no injury during negotiations? If this is the case, he could be miserable that he can be out on the field playing right now. Just speculation of course.

That was my thought also.

This also shows his maturity level. This is what any typical 18 year would probably say. I'm already middle aged and this kid will make more money on one contract than I will have made my entire life. I wish I had his summer...

Somebody (maybe Palmer) brought this up yesterday. They said something like "These rookies who have never had one at bat in professional baseball are set for life after their first contract." They went on to then say how difficult it is for managers to motivate players because they are millionaires already, with or without team success.

So, that being the case, how DOES a MLB manager motivate his players?

Somebody (maybe Palmer) brought this up yesterday. They said something like "These rookies who have never had one at bat in professional baseball are set for life after their first contract." They went on to then say how difficult it is for managers to motivate players because they are millionaires already, with or without team success.

He should find players that are self-motivating.

BTW, this is another risk with relying on prospects to build your organization. By the time veterans are veterans, this risk has been mostly weeded out.

I would be more interested in how a MiLB manager motivates these guys?

I just can't buy into this. Sure they're rich at 18 or whatever. Big deal. Most have probably always dreamt of getting to the big leagues. Getting drafted is just the first step. Thet have to rise thru the minors, get a shot at MLB, then they have to find a way to stick in the majors. If they truly just play for the money, don't put in the work, they'll be out of baseball in a couple years. Sounds like plenty of motivation to me.

Archived