Singleton: Pitch over Nick Johnson's Head was a Purpose Pitch

OFFNY

Not to the degree that he did. When he does his ranting schtick even more so than uber-homer Michael Kay does (which Singleton often does, not just last night), he's not just "doing his job.". And as I've pointed out, he does this a lot, not just on horrible calls like last night. See the OP and/or watch the Yankees on YES, especially when they play the Orioles (as I've also pointed out numerous times, Singleton has been just as disdainful toward the Orioles when they were bad as now that they are good.)

Hmmm...I don't know man, Singleton is a Yankee now...he collects a check from those guys and has been part of their broadcast team for the last 15 years. I really don't have a problem with him. I just dug around a little bit and it looks like he still has ties with the Baltimore area, as he's on the board of directors for a not-for-profit. Apparently he still resides in Baltimore too.

I was just listening to his radio interview on the Norris and Davis show...he did that right after the Orioles big win over the Yankees the nite of Cal's statue unveiling.

Singleton is highly complimentary about the Orioles, he talks about how he could see their confidence showing at the end of last season, he talks up Buck, the Orioles history, etc.... He's a Yankee now, but he doesn't sound like a bad guy to me. Pretty classy interview actually.

Prayin4Reign said:

Hmmm ........ I don't know man, Singleton is a Yankee now...he collects a check from those guys and has been part of their broadcast team for the last 15 years. I really don't have a problem with him. I just dug around a little bit and it looks like he still has ties with the Baltimore area, as he's on the board of directors for a not-for-profit. Apparently he still resides in Baltimore too.

I was just listening to his radio interview on the Norris and Davis show...he did that right after the Orioles big win over the Yankees the nite of Cal's statue unveiling.

Singleton is highly complimentary about the Orioles, he talks about how he could see their confidence showing at the end of last season, he talks up Buck, the Orioles history, etc .... He's a Yankee now, but he doesn't sound like a bad guy to me. Pretty classy interview actually.

o

I have listened to him regularly on YES for years ...... both when the Yankees play against the Orioles and against the rest of the American League. He has a particular disdain/edginess for the Orioles more so than towards the other teams when I listen to him, even more so than the Red Sox. I don't care if he lives in the Baltimore area, he's a creep on YES when it comes to the Orioles-Yankees game, his few and far between compliments of them notwithstanding.

o

Hmmm...I don't know man, Singleton is a Yankee now...he collects a check from those guys and has been part of their broadcast team for the last 15 years. I really don't have a problem with him. I just dug around a little bit and it looks like he still has ties with the Baltimore area, as he's on the board of directors for a not-for-profit. Apparently he still resides in Baltimore too.

Singleton is highly complimentary about the Orioles, he talks about how he could see their confidence showing at the end of last season, he talks up Buck, the Orioles history, etc.... He's a Yankee now, but he doesn't sound like a bad guy to me. Pretty classy interview actually.

Everything I've ever heard him say has been dripping with disdain. He seems like he's holding a perpetual grudge against the Orioles.

Everything I've ever heard him say has been dripping with disdain. He seems like he's holding a perpetual grudge against the Orioles.

I didn't hear anything like that in the interview I posted. If that's the case, who knows, there may be details no one knows about. Personally I don't really have a problem with him, I just see it as he's doing his job as a Yankee announcer.

Archived