Guthrie Doubters stand up

Rex Thunder

DCab has never proven himself under 2 of the best pitching coaches in history. What makes everything think he will become successful after he is traded?

Guthrie has realized his potential after only a few months with Mazzone. I'd definitely keep Guthrie over DCab without hesitation.

By the way, Guthrie K/9 rate is almost 6.5

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DCab has never proven himself under 2 of the best pitching coaches in history. What makes everything think he will become successful after he is traded?

Guthrie has realized his potential after only a few months with Mazzone. I'd definitely keep Guthrie over DCab without hesitation.

Yea, this is good to see.

As for what you are saying about DCab...You are 100% correct and that is one reason why, at this point, i would probably slightly lean towards Guthrie.

However, if DCab outpitches him over the next 1.5 season, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Just need to see more from Guthrie.

I would keep Guthrie too but I would bet the farm that there are pitching coaches out there that think they could make adjustments to Cabrera and give him a changeup.

I would keep Guthrie too but I would bet the farm that there are pitching coaches out there that think they could make adjustments to Cabrera and give him a changeup.

Hopefully we can bank on that when we try to trade him...

...though from what it sounds like CaBBrera is gonna live and die in an O's uniform :rolleyes:

There are a lot good pitchers named under the "Lucky" lists

Yea but how many on 3 of the lists?

And, until recently, Guthrie had a lucky FB/HR % as well.

The question i have is, what if all of these numbers regress to league average and the "luck factor" is out of it....Where would his ERA be?

Yeah and that will raise his trade value even more. The reason he will never be successful is due to the fact that he can't repeat his delivery. He can't repeat his delivery because he lacks the muscle memory that athletic individuals have. Plan and simple, he just isn't that athletic.

Yeah and that will raise his trade value even more. The reason he will never be successful is due to the fact that he can't repeat his delivery. He can't repeat his delivery because he lacks the muscle memory that athletic individuals have. Plan and simple, he just isn't that athletic.

I disagree with this...Even Mazzone has said his mechanics are sound.

I don't think it is a mechanical issue with him.

I do agree he is a poor athlete though.

Yea but how many on 3 of the lists?

And, until recently, Guthrie had a lucky FB/HR % as well.

The question i have is, what if all of these numbers regress to league average and the "luck factor" is out of it....Where would his ERA be?

Santana, Oswalt, Young, Haren...

Maybe Guthrie will never be in the league "average"??

Ok gotta watch Entourage, be back tomorrow

I disagree with this...Even Mazzone has said his mechanics are sound.

I don't think it is a mechanical issue with him.

I do agree he is a poor athlete though.

They are sound for short periods of time. He doesn't know how to correct the mistakes or doesn't recognize it. And he can't repeat his delivery consistently. That's the problem

Hopefully we can bank on that when we try to trade him...

...though from what it sounds like CaBBrera is gonna live and die in an O's uniform :rolleyes:

Yea, and its too bad. I like the guy but enoughs enough. At best he will be a number four starter.

You never know what is going to make it click for Daniel if it ever clicks for him at all. For Randy Johnson it wasn't his pitching coach in Montreal and it wasn't his pitching coach in Seattle. It was after working w/Nolan Ryan and Tom House that everything clicked. If he never got the chance to work w/them who knows if he would of ever become an average pitcher let alone a HOF caliber pitcher

Archived