What if we sign Melky, & LaRoche and let Cruz, Davis, and Nick go?

mdbdotcom

Would the money work out? The lineup might look like this:

Melky LF

De Aza RF

Manny 3B

Jones CF

La Roche DH

Pearce 1B

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Schoop 2B

This lineup wouldn't hit as many home runs as the 2014 edition, but it might score more runs. Obviously, this would need to be adjusted for games Wieters isn't catching so there aren't 5 right-handed hitters in a row.

Bench:

Lough

Joseph

Flaherty

Reimold (had to)

What say you?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melky LF

De Aza RF

Manny 3B

Jones CF

La Roche DH

Pearce 1B

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Schoop 2B

This lineup wouldn't hit as many home runs as the 2014 edition, but it might score more runs. Obviously, this would need to be adjusted for games Wieters isn't catching so there aren't 5 right-handed hitters in a row.

Bench:

Lough

Joseph

Flaherty

Reimold (had to)

What say you?

No interest in Melky. I like LaRoche but I prefer Davis for one more year to see what he can do - less commitment. I would rather just bring back Cruz, Davis, and Nick (I assume you meant him, not De Aza) than spend the years and money on Melky and Laroche.

No interest in Melky. I like LaRoche but I prefer Davis for one more year to see what he can do - less commitment. I would rather just bring back Cruz, Davis, and Nick (I assume you meant him, not De Aza) than spend the years and money on Melky and Laroche.

Good catch! Mods, please remove De Aza from the title. Thanks!

In the title you have De Aza leaving, but then have him in your lineup.

LaRoche and Melky would cost more than Davis and Nick. Not a lot, I guess, but you are basically swapping the four and not retaining Cruz.

I'm not a big Cabrera fan. I don't trust him. Not very interested in him. Still have a hole where Cruz left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melky LF

De Aza RF

Manny 3B

Jones CF

La Roche DH

Pearce 1B

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Schoop 2B

Bench:

Lough

Joseph

Flaherty

Reimold (had to)

What say you?

This is funny a Gold Glove finalist 1B in La Roche taking a back seat to Pearce at 1B.

In the title you have De Aza leaving, but then have him in your lineup.

LaRoche and Melky would cost more than Davis and Nick. Not a lot, I guess, but you are basically swapping the four and not retaining Cruz.

I'm not a big Cabrera fan. I don't trust him. Not very interested in him. Still have a hole where Cruz left.

That's why I asked the mods to change the title.

That's why I asked the mods to change the title.

Yep, I was typing up my response when you made that follow up post. At the end, you are basically trading Markakis and Davis for Melky and LaRoche while most likely paying more and committing to more years.

Yep, I was typing up my response when you made that follow up post. At the end, you are basically trading Markakis and Davis for Melky and LaRoche while most likely paying more and committing to more years.

Yes, but LaRoche might sign for less than Davis will get in arbitration. I have no idea what to expect from Davis next season. If he gets nabbed for amphetamines without a TUE (for the third time), he'll be gone for 80 days. If he stops using them altogether, he might not produce. I think Melky is worth more than Nick right now.

Unless Cabrera and LaRoche are bargains in February I don't see the O's interested in them.

DD's M.O. appears to be that he considers signing his own FA if they are affordable but does not pursue FA from other teams unless they are bargains. Nelson and Young were bargains. Jimenez was not but was one of the last pitchers to sign before ST. I do not look for DD to hotly pursue any FA from another team until very late in the off season.

Most of the offseason will probably be spent filling out the major league and AAA roster with cheap alternatives.

Yes, but LaRoche might sign for less than Davis will get in arbitration. I have no idea what to expect from Davis next season. If he gets nabbed for amphetamines without a TUE (for the third time), he'll be gone for 80 days. If he stops using them altogether, he might not produce. I think Melky is worth more than Nick right now.

I guess LaRoche's market could tank, it happens. Mlbtraderumors has him estimated at 2/25 which would be a higher AAV than Davis. I do like the idea of getting LaRoche, especially if his market tanks. But I'd also keep Davis around too.

Davis is better than LaRoche. Will cost less. ANd is only here for a year. And will give back a pick then. LaRoche over Davis? Very odd. Nope. LaRoche takes Adderall too.

Archived