Nationals C Wilson Ramos Kidnapped in Venezuela

Birds of B'more

This is crazy , I don't understand why these guys don't have top security guarding their homes at all times. It seems like every couple years you have some low life pulling a kidnapping in Venezuela, why don't the players just move their families to the U.S and live here year round if those other countries are that bad. Don't get me wrong the U.S has it's own problems sadly , but you don't hear of pro athletes getting kidnapped for ransom. Hopefully the young man gets back to his family safe

This is crazy , I don't understand why these guys don't have top security guarding their homes at all times. It seems like every couple years you have some low life pulling a kidnapping in Venezuela, why don't the players just move their families to the U.S and live here year round if those other countries are that bad. Don't get me wrong the U.S has it's own problems sadly , but you don't hear of pro athletes getting kidnapped for ransom. Hopefully the young man gets back to his family safe

It's really not that simple to bring your entire family to the U.S., and most of these countries are very nice 99% of the time - it's their home. That being said, they are poor countries where a lot of people will go to extremes to get money.

Because Venezuela is their home.

This is crazy , I don't understand why these guys don't have top security guarding their homes at all times. It seems like every couple months you have some low life pulling a kidnapping in Venezuela, why don't the players just move their families to the U.S and live here year round if those other countries are that bad. Don't get me wrong the U.S has it's own problems sadly , but you don't hear of pro athletes getting kidnapped for ransom. Hopefully the young man gets back to his family safe

Fixed that for you. That said, this is absolutely tragic, and my prayers go out to Ramos' family and friends. I can't imagine what this is like for the parties involved.

I'm not talkin uncles, aunts, cousins I'm talkin immediate family wife,mom,dad,kids. Yea I think that would be pretty easy if they wanted to, and the people do some messed up things here in America to get money and put food on the table but they don't kidnap athletes.

Of course it would be easy. But some people want to live where they feel at home. Where they have social webs, friends and family, and a shared culture.

Archived