MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

So some of us have already graduated to assuming the team will be in the ALDS?

At this rate the fanbase should be insufferable by 2025.

ALWC round is (edit - not) best of 5.

The kicker is I haven't even partaken of a spirited egg nog yet!

Edited by Just Regular

On 12/18/2023 at 7:17 AM, HakunaSakata said:

It's not a question of who's dumber. We're not trying to sell snake oil like half of the talking heads. Honestly it amazes me that someone was even willing to give Bowden a platform from which to spew his uneducated and unresearched speculation after he was accused of skimming prospect money when he worked for the Nats. 

1. I was joking

2. He is employed to generate clicks, not to be accurate 

3. Why do you care what he thinks? I am genuinely curious. I don’t understand the constant threads about his takes and the almost always seemingly irate responses. I honestly don’t get it. 

11 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

3. Why do you care what he thinks? I am genuinely curious. I don’t understand the constant threads about his takes and the almost always seemingly irate responses. I honestly don’t get it. 

I don't care what Bowden "thinks" (and I use that word loosely), but unfortunately not everyone realizes that what he publishes, tweets, etc. is basically fiction. And not everyone knows his storied past of being accused of skimming money from international players and falsely representing the reporting of others as his own.  I don't think a guy with that type of history deserves to have his work amplified or given any credence. 

2 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

I don't care what Bowden "thinks" (and I use that word loosely), but unfortunately not everyone realizes that what he publishes, tweets, etc. is basically fiction. And not everyone knows his storied past of being accused of skimming money from international players and falsely representing the reporting of others as his own.  I don't think a guy with that type of history deserves to have his work amplified or given any credence. 

More then 3/4 of what we 'hear' from the media about anything is 'basically fiction.' Baseball is no exception. 

15 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

It is very frustrating everyday I look at MLBTR and see nothing about the O's. I only see other teams making moves.  I hope JA can sell the team soon to someone who cares about the O's more than saving every penny.

You’re not alone. However, we don’t need to make many moves. One big trade for a TOR starter and one more vet bat could be all we do if any substance. San Diego is all over MLBTR, but that’s because they’re a hot mess.