Perfect Example Of Tejada Losing a Game!

Eli Eon

Stop....I am telling you..Just put him on ignore....He is flat out wrong but doesn't care...He thinks the sky is green too.

Okay, I am wrong, Tejada didn't just botch a routine inning ending double play which opened up the flood gates for 5 runs to score that never should have happened.:rolleyes: It never happens and he never does this. Plus, if he does his offense more than compensate as in his 6 run grand slam tonite!:eek:

(Sarcasim meter off the scale here)!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ichiro just missed making a jumping catch in CF to retire Nick Markakis. Now it wasn't an error, but if Willie Mays was back there, maybe the Mariners wouldn't have to deal with a lead-off triple.

What can I say? Ichiro sucks at defense, and his offense doesn't make up for it!!! Seattle should totally DH him or move him to first base or something.

Anybody can play LF. It is where teams usually hide their worst fielder. (Refer to Manny Ramirez, Boston Red Sox!;)

You just blew what little credibility you had with that very statement. For Boston, the trade off is a fair one...what Ramirez lacks defensively he makes up for at the plate.

Tejada is a heckuva better shortstop than Ramirez is a left fielder.

Let me guess...back in the mid-80's, it was Eddie Murray's fault, right? In the 90's it was Cal's fault. Now, Miguel Tejada finds himself a victim the, "When all else fails, blame the best player on the team!" mindset.

You just blew what little credibility you had with that very statement. For Boston, the trade off is a fair one...what Ramirez lacks defensively he makes up for at the plate.

Let me guess...back in the mid-80's, it was Eddie Murray's fault, right? In the 90's it was Cal's fault. Now, Miguel Tejada finds himself a victim the, "When all else fails, blame the best player on the team!" mindset.

Scottie...I know you are a mod and you are trying to be a nice guy but come on, did he actually have credibility to begin with? :D;)

Miggy has 5 RBI tongiht. He's almost made up for the error which caused all those runs to score which were not Walker's fault at all.

And none other than JIM PALMER just said that "Tejada has driven in five runs tonite and given up five by botching that routine DP ball, opening the floodgates instead of ending the inning."

He botches too many double play balls like tonite. Maybe I will have to start documenting them along with the games they cause to be lost as apparently people chose not to believe what is going on on the field with Mr. IRON GLOVE Tejada!:(

If what you say is true... what about the pitchers? When do they get some of the blame?

Who's blaming Roberts or Bedard :)

And none other than JIM PALMER just said that "Tejada has driven in five runs tonite and given up five by botching that routine DP ball, opening the floodgates instead of ending the inning."

Jim Palmer also said "Adam Jones is a 5-tool guy who can also throw the ball hard.":rolleyes:

Look, theoretically, if Tejada had not made that error there is a good chance Seattle wouldn't have scored all those runs. Who knows, maybe Roberts muffs the toss or makes a wild throw. Maybe the DP gets beaten out who knows.

You're assuming that the DP gets made, and that's fine. But in baseball, it's more than just theory. Guys are supposed to pick each other up. When Tejada, your star player who is responsible for your being in countless games makes an error, you hope others (ahem Walker) can pick him up and get another out. Errors happen, pitchers have bad outings, bats collectively go cold. You don't win or lose as an individual, you do it as a team.

The point is, regardless of whether Tejada makes that play or not, to blame ALL the runs from scoring on him strictly based on the fact that we may have been out of the innings unscathed if he had made it is ridiculous.

You win as a team and you lose as a team and I'm sick of Tejada being a convenient scapegoat by some on here simply because he is our big money player.

Look, theoretically, if Tejada had not made that error there is a good chance Seattle wouldn't have scored all those runs. Who knows, maybe Roberts muffs the toss or makes a wild throw. Maybe the DP gets beaten out who knows.

You're assuming that the DP gets made, and that's fine. But in baseball, it's more than just theory. Guys are supposed to pick each other up. When Tejada, your star player who is responsible for your being in countless games makes an error, you hope others (ahem Walker) can pick him up and get another out. Errors happen, pitchers have bad outings, bats collectively go cold. You don't win or lose as an individual, you do it as a team.

The point is, regardless of whether Tejada makes that play or not, to blame ALL the runs from scoring on him strictly based on the fact that we may have been out of the innings unscathed if he had made it is ridiculous.

You win as a team and you lose as a team and I'm sick of Tejada being a convenient scapegoat by some on here simply because he is our big money player.

He invoked Palmer again, I see.

If what you say is true... what about the pitchers? When do they get some of the blame?

The inning should have been over period. The fact he blew that totally piece of cake DP ball was just like sticking a pin in the balloon of the morale of the team. You could see it on Daniel Cabera's face. I know from playing baseball at lower levels that when your fielders let you down it is frustrating beyond belief, especially when you are playing a team that is more talented to begin with, you simply cannot give them extra outs. The Orioles thanks to Tejada, beat themselves this game defensively. His blunder has also caused extra innings out of the bullpen, which will cause repercussions down the road in the next series against Boston. I personally have seen enough of his shoddy play at shortstop. Those who disagree with me must not mind it, but I sure do.:mad:

Archived